Terms & Conditions
“BE THERE FOR US” INSTAGRAM CONTEST
Johnson & Johnson Pte Ltd (“J&J”) is holding a “#bethereforus” Instagram Photo Contest (“Contest”) in conjunction with the “Be There For Us” prostate cancer education and awareness programme (““Be There For Us” Campaign”) organized by J&J with the support of the Singapore Cancer Society.
For every qualifying photo uploaded for the contest J&J will donate S$1 to the Singapore Cancer Society which will go towards programmes for helping prostate cancer patients.
By posting an entry for this Contest, the participant (“Participant”) agrees to these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”):
PERIOD OF ACTION:
1. January 29th, 2018 to March 11th, 2018 inclusive (“Contest Period”).
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
2. The Contest is open to all Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents and foreigners residing in Singapore. Participants must
also have a valid Instagram account.
3. Employees and agents of J&J, as well as contractors or subcontractors engaged in connection with the development or operation of the
Contest, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Consent.
4. Participants under the age of 18 years old must seek parental or guardian consent before participating in the Contest, and if required by
J&J, to submit proof of such consent in writing.
5. All Participants must:
a. Follow the @bethereforus Instagram account;
b. Tag three (3) friends about the Contest;
c. Post a photo of themselves taken with a male to their Instagram account and hashtag #bethereforus
and tag @bethereforus together with a caption explaining why their life is better with the male friend or relative in it.
6. Contest participants must obtain the consent of the data subjects before uploading the photograph.
7. Each Participant can post unlimited entries, provided each entry showcase a different photo with different caption.
8. All entries should portray creativity and originality, portray the theme of the “Be There For Us” Campaign and must be submitted within
the Contest Period, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
9. The Participant warrants that he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights
to the photographs, images, content of the caption, and any creative work and materials entered for the Contest (collectively, “materials”),
and that he/she has not licensed or assigned any intellectual property rights in the materials to any person.
10. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to ensure compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements to reproduce the
materials for the Contest.
the Contest, the Participant grants J&J a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, edit or distribute any
materials submitted for this Contest in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by J&J for the purposes of promoting the
Contest or the causes that J&J stands for, including the “Be There For Us” Campaign.
12. The prizes are as follows:
a. One (1) Grand Prize - S$1,000 in cash
Judging of the winning entry for the Grand Prize will be determined by a panel from J&J (“Judges”) at its sole discretion based on the
its aesthetic value;
how it captures the moment;
it’s ability to convey the emotional appeal of the “Be There For Us” Campaign theme; and
how the caption complements the image to bring out the “Be There For Us” Campaign theme.
Results will be announced by 1 April 2018.
b. Twelve (12) Weekly Prize of Shopping Vouchers worth S$50
Two (2) prizes will be given out each week for submissions in the following phases:
Week 1 29 Jan to 04 Feb 2018
Week 2 05 Feb to 11 Feb 2018
Week 3 12 Feb to 18 Feb 2018
Week 4 19 Feb to 25 Feb 2018
Week 5 26 Feb to 04 Mar 2018
Week 6 05 Mar to 11 Mar 2018
Six (6) entries will be picked each week and uploaded to @bethereforus Instagram account every Wednesday for the public to ‘like’
One (1) prize will be given each week to the entry with the most ‘likes’ by the following Tuesday.
One (1) prize will be given each week to the entry picked by the Judges as their weekly favourite.
13. All Prize winners will be announced on @bethereforus Instagram account and will be notified by Instagram tagging within 2 weeks from
closure of submission. The winners must email email@example.com their contact details to arrange for prize collection. All
prizes are to be collected by 31st May 2018 at the Singapore Cancer Society’s office (15 Enggor Street #04-01 Realty Centre Singapore
079716). Prizes that are not collected by 31st May 2018 will be donated to the Singapore Cancer Society and J&J shall not have any
obligation whatsoever to compensate the winner in any way.
14. All prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. J&J reserves the right to substitute the prizes with another of similar value in the
event the original prize(s) offered is/are not available due to circumstances beyond its control.
15. The decision of J&J regarding any aspect of the Contest is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. J&J reserves the right
to refuse entry, or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
17. J&J reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Contest where it becomes necessary to do so, with or without prior
notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by J&J shall not entitle the Participant to any claim or
compensation against J&J for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation,
termination or suspension.
18. J&J reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms & Conditions and/or substitute or replace the
prize from time to time without any prior notice.
19. The Participant shall assume all risks in respect of loss, injury, damage or liability which may arise as a result of or in connection to the
Participant’s participation in the Contest, and shall not hold J&J responsible in respect thereof except for liability which cannot be excluded
20. J&J shall not be responsible for any lost or misdirected entries, whether caused by privacy settings, internet service providers or systems,
for entries received after the Contest Period as a consequence of privacy settings, internet service delays, failures or overloads, technical
errors and interruptions.
21. J&J reserves the right to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of J&J includes any content which may be unlawful, profane,
inflammatory, defamatory and/or damaging to the goodwill of J&J.
22. The Participant shall defend, fully indemnify and hold J&J and its employees and agents harmless from and against:
a. all liabilities, damages, losses, costs (including legal costs) and expenses arising from any claims, demands, actions, proceedings,
judgment or execution which J&J, its employees or agents may suffer or incur from or in connection to the Participant’s participation
in the Contest; and
b. any claims, demands, actions, proceedings, judgment or execution, arising from infringement or alleged infringement of any copyright
or other intellectual property right or violation of confidentiality in the materials produced, reproduced or submitted for the Contest.